Sunday, November 13, 2011

Enough

I just got back from a wonderful weekend with some of my best friends. We rented a big house and spent 2 days shopping, soaking in the hot tub, eating, watching movies and sharing our stories. The first night, we made a big fire in the firepit and, at 11:11, on 11/11/11, held hands and thought of what thing we really wanted to happen for ourselves or someone else. Later that night, I dreamt that I was standing with a large crowd of people who had come to see the man standing the front of the place. As I stood with the crowd, not sure what I would ask him, he beckoned me to him and placed his hand on my head. Then I woke up. I am not much for remembering dreams, but this one spoke to me. The man was Jesus, and he was calling me to himself. I was glad to be called. In rethinking this dream, I realize that at 11:11, on 11/11/11, the one thing I want to happen for myself is to know that I am going to be with Jesus for all time. That the place he said he was preparing for us will include me. No matter what I may do that fails him, or what I may say that hurts him, he wants me with him. That is enough for me. There is nothing else I want to know about the future except that he is calling me to be with him. And I am glad to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment