Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New Old Friends

I had supper tonight with a new old friend, named Myra. We knew each other from a church we used to go to years ago. She was instrumental in helping my daughters become comfortable in front of an audience as they performed in many plays and music dramatizations. Now they spend most of their lives in jobs that keep them in the front of the room, teaching and encouraging others to do wonderful things. I meant to tell you that, Myra. I meant to tell you that I appreciate all the time you gave them, being their friend when I could not; being a faithful, God loving influence in their lives. Life gets so busy, and we say hi and talk about everything but what we really mean to say. I mean to say thank you. Thank you for sharing your life with me, and your smile and your gift of friendship. New old friends...how much potential is waiting for us in our big world? People you knew and for some reason stopped knowing, people you liked but let go. People that get lost in the world that would love for you to find them again. They could use a call and some friendly chatter, maybe some cheesecake. It isn't really hard to do... just start looking. New old friends are the best, you already know them and know they still love you.

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to let go of friends but impossible to hold onto all of them, I miss my friends and family often. It's hard to let go.

    ReplyDelete