Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cotton Candy

I made cotton candy today at Odysseafest at 4 Corners Church. I love making cotton candy, almost as much as I love eating it. Odyssea is the name of our church's Children's program. Last weekend I was the 1st/2nd grade teacher for second service. I was feeling some sorrow that day, as my daughter was on her way back to Florida, after a wonderful 4 day visit. I felt the weight of that, and the cancer, and the fact that my husband still had not found a job. I stood in the back of the room at the end of first service, and cried during the last worship song. I headed back to the childrens' room for the start of second service. It was very busy, and toward the end of the hour we herded the children into the main room to watch the baptisms, as is our custom. We sat on the floor at the front, one little boy was reclining on my leg, and a little girl had chosen to sit in my lap. The worship team began singing the same song that, only 90 minutes before, had brought tears to my eyes, but this time I only felt joy. My daughter was still flying far away, I still had cancer, my husband was still without a job...nothing had changed except that now I felt loved by two small children, and the God who made us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment