Thursday, August 26, 2010

A New Day

I have had ovarian cancer for over 3 years, and I am glad to be alive. I am still getting chemotherapy to keep the cancer quiet. I have been up and down with this disease, and I have had enough of that. My pastor, Sam Luke, once said: I have been happy and I have been sad...I would rather be happy. So this blog will explore how to do that.
It came to me one day, while watching my husband eat a large ice cream cone, that ice cream cannot be eaten slowly. It must be eaten fast enough to stay ahead of its transformation back into lowly milk and sugar. So, as fast as it is wonderfully in your hands, and on your tongue, it is gone.
How can one deal with the loss of such a great treat? Have ice cream everyday...
Now, I like ice cream as much as the next person...but I don't long for it when I don't have any. What I do long for is the joy that comes from the pleasure ice cream gives in it's taste, and it's cold trickle down the throat on a hot afternoon. So daily ice cream doesn't have to be ice cream at all...just something that brings joy to the soul...whatever that may be...today.

No comments:

Post a Comment