Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pink

I have been wearing my new pink wig all weekend. It is amazing how positive the responses are, even from perfect strangers at the Whole Foods Market. Maybe the folks that think I am a nut are less outspoken. At any rate, I have learned the best lesson about life and I have tested my hypothesis and found it to stand strong. When you have an emotional burden, weighted down with it to the point of breaking, you feel that in order to survive, the burden must be borne to others and thus shared, which would relieve the pain of carrying it. However, this does not actually provide the desired effect. Instead, those that are exposed to this burden may sympathize, or show concern or maybe even avoid you, and this can make you feel even worse when you realize that your pain is causing pain for others. No one can take the burden off your shoulders. No one can exchange your sorrow for joy. You must sow the seeds of joy yourself, with God's guidance. You must choose to plant these seeds and let their fruit create a sweet savor that attracts people. Your joy then becomes theirs, and they can, and will, give it back to you. Joy lifts the burden and carries it far away. One of the nine fruit of the Spirit...joy. I think it's color is pink.

1 comment: