Monday, October 24, 2011

Daily Bread

I don't know why I am always amazed at times when God orchestrates a day that has "I know you, I see you, I love you" written all over it. I have had lots of those days, over the years, and each one is a surprise, full of wonder. Today was one of those days. Richard went to get his 7th chemotherapy treatment, and paired with us in the little treatment room was a pastor of a church in Cincinnati. He was getting his first dose of the same treatment Rich gets, for a recurrence of pancreatic cancer. We shared our stories, were present when the doctor, same doctor that treats Rich, came in to see the pastor and talk to him about his treatment plan. We all prayed together, doctor, patients, caregivers, HIPPA out the window. There were tears, hugs, encouragement and shared sufferings lifted up to the throne of God, prayers heard, hearts lifted. Who does not know the love of God? It is in the chemo room in a little building in West Chester, Ohio. It fills every space, warms every heart. Who has not lifted up his eyes unto the hills, crying for help? He is here, full of hope and peace and promises. Today is bread and water for tired souls, weary from fighting, finding comfort in each other's suffering. Strength for today, courage for tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Choked up, wish I was there but am also happy that you and dad are spreading the love to all you meet. I am so lucky to belong to you.

    ReplyDelete