Thursday, January 5, 2012

Dear Friends

I grew up as a lonely child. I was in the middle of 2 very strong and smart sisters. My brother came along later, and he might have been lonely too, but he was the longed for son so he had special status. Anyway, I never seemed to fit into the family dynamic, and as the years passed, I had trouble making more than one friend at a time. I don't know what happened since my childhood, but I have learned how to have more than one friend. Maybe it was having my one true friend in my husband that freed me to try other female relationships. Maybe it was having two children that forced me to open my heart to the needs of more than one. Maybe it was being submersed in the overwhelming love of God that helped me to understand how to be a friend, how to love and accept others' love. Whatever the reason, I have come to this place where I have more friends than I ever thought I would have. Not casual friends, either, but real true blue ones that would be at my house within ten minutes of a call for help. Friends that call me to see how we are doing, that send me inspirational cards, read my stories and aren't afraid to talk about the future. Friends are the glue that holds us together, bringing the hands of God into our lives and hold us close.

No comments:

Post a Comment