Saturday, February 19, 2011

Fabulous Furs

My friends and I went to a clearance sale at Fabulous Furs today. It is a place that sells deluxe faux fur. I am not a fur person (except for the mink in my closet) so I did not plan on buying anything. But I did. Fur makes a person look either glamorous or rich (maybe only real fur works for this) or boho (as in bohemian) . I went for the boho faux suede, faux fur, faux leather trim. I went a little crazy I think, because it was a beautiful sunny day and my friends and I were having fun trying on everything. So now I have 2 new coats, a cheetah print tunic, a faux fox hood, and a black shimmery sweater thing to wear the next time I have a fancy party to go to. Sometimes I think I need to get out more. The place I usually shop is Walgreens. Now you can get just about everything you need at Walgreens, but you can't get good faux fur. And it is not really a destination for friends to meet then go out to lunch. It felt great to be part of a party, instead of holed up in my office, or my house, or my dad's hospital room. Say yes when your friends plan a shopping party. You might be surprised what ends up in your closet!

1 comment: