Friday, August 31, 2012

In the middle of the night

It is hard to sleep at night when you spend most of the day resting in bed or on the couch. The body is not really tired, muscles are not needing repair, mind is not overwhelmed with the day's events to sort and file. In the middle of the night I find myself most at peace. Usually nothing hurts, the room temperature is comfortable, the bed is soft. My husband is peacefully asleep next to me. I think about my children, comfy in their own beds with their own male companions dozing peacefully beside them. I think about the little grandchildren, dreaming little dreams far away. I feel overwhelming calm and gratitude for the path that I continue to trod, that brings such peace. All is right with the world in the middle of the night. I have kept the faith. I have followed my Lord into the cool of the valley and He comforts me. All of us. He has given me the ability to lie down in green pastures. I can review the chapters of my life story and feel His presence in each one. In the middle of night, I may lie awake, but 100% relaxed, knowing that there is not one place that He is not, and only the light of the morning will tell if I have really gone to Him, or will spend another day in His presence here. It doesn't matter to me.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, I read your blog often and think about you. I remember our Basil Babe times with fondness. Please know that you are in my thougts. Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, beautiful. much much love. would love to see you next week

    ReplyDelete