Friday, December 31, 2010

Coloring with Happy Crayons

It seems that the end of the year warrants a certain amount of reflection and philosophizing, at least in my household. As a visual thinker, my philosophies tend to pictorial elements, ones that I can paint with words and view in context, as needed. To that end, I have formulated a tentative model for managing certain life events that hopefully will bring joy into 2011. In my mind, I can imagine that these events start out like line drawings in a coloring book. Black and white, simple scenarios, without emotion or portent. The owner of this coloring book also owns the crayons that will be used to complete the pictures. In this box of crayons are a wild array of colors, like Crayola's big box of 64, which includes the cool metallic ones like copper, silver and gold. In this box are also greys, browns and black. It is totally possible to use whatever colors you choose, but each choice brings something to the picture, be it warm or cold, bright or dark.  The picture will change from a neutral line drawing to one filled with emotion, character, drama.  I am choosing to break the black, brown and grey crayons, and use the happy colors for 2011...I imagine the 11 as bright pink and silver crayons, ready to bring life into my coloring book.

No comments:

Post a Comment