Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Play

For the past several weeks, since Traveling Light, I have been apparently stuck on "pause". Stuck in a state of disbelief, going 'tharn', as described in Watership Down. Going through the motions of life, without living in it. Yesterday as I was starting my day, it came to me, in the soft voice of God, that I needed to resume living. Part of that living is finishing some projects that have been put away, gifts for my daughter. Part of that living is making plans for the summer, painting the room I am readying for Collette. All of that living is putting one foot in front of the other and continuing my journey on this dusty road, being present for life's events with my whole heart. How odd it is to stay in a frozen state, watching the world and not sure when, or if, you will ever have the energy to rejoin the game. Yet, this evening I was able to make some crazy tie dyed pants and put them in an envelope to get to Florida by Saturday. I am not really sure how it happened. It is a beautiful spiritual mystery.
God took my soul off Pause and pressed Play. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the first track on your life CD was "Mary Pants". Yeah!

    ReplyDelete