Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Bright mornings

It is in the early evening when I feel the magnitude of what is happening inside my body. Fatigue, pain, no desire for food or entertainment take over and off to bed I go, sometimes with a good book and Ritz crackers, late sun still bursting through the west facing windows. It seems too soon to shut down, but no amount of will power is enough to make any physical part of me willing to forgo the call of the bed. That I why I like our bright mornings. The sunlight all around but not beaming in, the cool clear breeze before the sticky humidity of the day. The early birds catching the worms. The still moist earth from last night's watering, the rising sunflowers, the herons stalking breakfast. Hunger pangs, and the sweet taste of fresh blackberries in a smoothie, painless motions and creative energy. Enough to pick up my knitting, or clean off the counters, plan the day's events, do some yoga. I live in a compressed day, now, much like those who work a full time job. My job starts in the evening, when my body requires a 13 hour period of rejuvenation and restoration. Upon awakening, I get time to live the other half of life, at a slower pace perhaps, but one that still bring joys and wonders. Today is another beautiful day.

1 comment:

  1. And I'm so happy to share it with you. Let's plant flowers today!

    ReplyDelete