Sunday, October 3, 2010

Buddies

Basically, this was another weekend of recouping from Friday's chemotherapy. I am doing this a lot now. I went to the Lakota West Craft show and saw Melissa...actually she saw me first. I met her when I did a show several years ago, selling my wares, and hairless from my first treatments. She was kind and spoke some encouraging words to me which I still remember. She makes "Boo Boo Buddies", colorful cotton cases filled with dried corn that you heat in the microwave for a few minutes, then put on whatever body part hurts. She sells lots of these, and she gave me one a few years ago that I use at work when my neck gets stiff. She wanted me to have one today, a new one, so I picked out a tie dyed orangey pink one. She also gave me more encouraging words, which I will treasure. I start to look for ice cream by noon, everyday, so I don't miss it when offered. Melissa found me wandering around around 12:10 today, so I got a nice treat early in the day. A "Boo Boo Buddie" for the soul. Thank you, Melissa.

1 comment:

  1. I like people who make crafts. I think they are special and really have a gift, not just in the craft department, but in the giving department as well. And I like that her name is Melissa. Melissa means honey bee, because we are sweet :) Thanks Melissa for being there for a friend and for representing our name so well.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete