Monday, October 25, 2010

Button Making Machine

I finally got a high quality button making machine. It makes a button 1 1/4" wide. I am in love. I think I have wanted to make my own buttons since I first saw the Badge-A-Minute ad in a magazine many years ago. For only $29.95 you could make your own button badge with anything you wanted on it.  I like the idea of having something great to say, that needs to be immortalized under plastic. I did buy a Badge-a-minute button maker, but it is a toy compared to this sturdy press. And every button comes out perfectly. I rationalized the purchase by offering to make hundreds of buttons for my friend who works for the Restavek Foundation here in Cincinnati. She wants to give them away at a conference exposing modern day slavery next weekend. So after I make those many hundreds of buttons, a very worthy project, I will get to play. I have my Ice Cream Everyday buttons, plus infinite fantastic creations just swimming around in my head that beg for expression. I might just go a little crazy for awhile.

1 comment:

  1. reminds my of office space and the 13 pieces of flair. if you don't know what I'm talking about, google it on youtube. good stuff.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete