Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Collette

Collette is the name of our one and only grandchild. She is one. She is adorable. My daughter Mary, her Aunt Mary, gave her a pink tutu for her birthday. Several weekends ago, Collette with tutu was the photo focus of my very talented son-in-law, Andy. Hundreds of photos were taken, each one documenting Collette's fascination with steps, cookies, climbing, and exploring. The sun shone on her red hair and the bright colors of the building in Arizona picked out the pink tutu, and pink cheeks of this smiling happy girl. Each picture is a delight of this joyous life, perfect in every detail. Remarkable the camera's motorized ability to visit every facial expression as it plays across her face in a matter of seconds. Our human eyes cannot stop time this way and we see, but do not see, the marvelous transformation that takes place in a twinkle of her eyes as she makes a new discovery. Or a forming smile or laugh just before it blossoms. But the camera does, and makes pictures that are wonders and wonderful to see. Here they are in my lap to see over and over.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I so agree. I take about 50-100 photos of Brady a month. People are like Oh my, but there are so many things he does or expressions he has that I never want to forget. Thank goodness for digital cameras. He just celebrated his first birthday and I was looking at photos I'd taken earlier in the month and I was like wow! he's changed so much already. I might have forgotten all the little changes...plus when he's older I'm never going to look back and say, I wish I didn't take so many pictures.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it is a nice lap to be in, but I bet the little one would rather she were there than just the pictures. Lucky pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric: fascination with steps and cookies..."that sounds kinda like Elly's life" hahaha

    ReplyDelete