Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pink and Purple

I had the most wonderful day today, welcoming my friend Debbie and her 2 young children to my home. We met 2 years ago on the now defunct Skybus, on a flight from Ft. Myers to Columbus. In a magical confluence of God's grace, we connected our individual stories of working through pain and loss during the 2 hour flight. We have kept in touch all these months, and celebrated the birth of Henry and now this news of a baby due in April. It is a marvel to me that we became friends in the most mundane of circumstances. Today was good medicine. Her beautiful and lively daughter Anna is almost 5 and we iced cupcakes. Anna likes pink the most, and purple second. She used both colors to decorate the icing. The visit rushed by, like all fun does on Saturdays and soon they were all packed up in the car and headed back to Columbus. I gave them most of the cupcakes, but saved 2 for our dessert tonight. I wanted the one with the pink and purple sugar sprinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment