Monday, October 11, 2010

Prayer

I love God. I talk to Him all day long, in my mind quietly, but sometimes out loud. The out loud part is what I call praying. There are lots of books about praying, books of prayers, and classes and seminars on how to pray. I don't know why it has to be so complicated. If you have a relationship with God, you talk to Him just like you talk to everyone else you have a relationship with. Sometimes you talk nice to them, sometimes you don't. And vice versa. God's word has some serious things to say about how he wants us to be while we are on this earth. He also included some kind and loving forgiveness words. He also is funny. Just look at some of His creation. Anyway, this morning I prayed out loud because I really needed to. Out loud I can say what I am feeling deep down, where no one knows, but Him. There was some crying because some of my life is sad. But after the crying there is always a time of peace, then joy.  We are the best of friends, so I always feel listened to and comforted, even when I have it wrong. Now we can go out into the day and see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. Got to see some of God's creations today at the zoo. I am so thankful to be able to see the world through Brady's eyes. Babies are amazing and make you realize just how amazing God is with everything he has created, including us.The littlest thing, like a group of penguins shaking their butts made my son light up like the 4th of july. children help you not take life for granted. Brady also walked today. I have alot to be thankful for today.

    SO excited for you to get to see your grand baby. I think it will be perfect timing! Have a great time :)
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete