Saturday, November 20, 2010

Android

I upgraded my phone today, from a 2 year old Blackberry to a Motorola Moto. It has a touchscreen, and a nice camera. I really do like having internet on my phone. It is infinitely fascinating and entertaining. My old phone did not do any of the apps well that I like. The only downside is the cost. Our phone bill today is a little more than half of what our first house payment was way back in 1978. I am lying if I say it is worth it, but the play value is wonderful. Unfortunately, the guy at the store had to "wipe" my old phone, because Richard is going to use it. Goodbye 2 years of notes and calendar entries, mini directions to friends houses and all the other random entries I made to help me remember things. Now the Blackberry is back to the way is was when I first bought it. Scrubbed and ready for a new adventure.  My new phone is also a sort of blank slate, the calendar is empty, there are no photos or memos. It is like a fresh new day, full of potential. As an act of faith, I signed a 2 year agreement for this phone, and I plan to enjoy every minute of it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh its like cleaning out a closet with none of the work! fabulous! I hope you at least could carry your contact list over. that's always a pain to program in new numbers. I can't wait to get a new phone that actually gets apps! I am behind on the times. we have to wait until february so we can get the discounts and stuff. How exciting. Melissa

    ReplyDelete