Sunday, November 14, 2010

RATsfest

I have mentioned the RATs before, but since they are such a great group of friends it makes sense that they would be responsible for a considerable amount of ice cream. This was our annual weekend getaway, to Brown County Indiana. 10 of us rented a beautiful log cabin and made it home for almost 48 hours. My personal favorite event was relaxing in the hot tub, since I absolutely adore hot tubs. Each one of us brought our real selves to the event, and were able to offer up some of our life's wounds for the group to bind and heal. There was the gift of laughter and comfort, patience and encouragement. We have all known each other for a long time, and respect and trust each other. Sometimes better than family. This is a weekend that slips by altogether too quickly, as we fall back into our weekly routines. Except I now have a green t-shirt that says: "What happens with the girlfriends stays with the girlfriends."
That is a safe place indeed.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed really this post. Being present to each other is such a gift indeed. Being ourselves, with all our struggles, joys, and doubts is truly the gift of being human. Thanks for writing. Your life is certainly a gift to me and to this beautiful, messy world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds just like the Golden Girls...my favorite show. really, I'm serious. except I'm sure you guys were a much younger version :) 48 hours doesn't seem long enough! You need like a week. Melissa

    ReplyDelete