Thursday, September 2, 2010

Evening Bike Rides

Tonight was the last night of West Chester's Music on the Square. We don't always go, but tonight I needed to get out and ride my bike and do something fun. I always hope to see someone I know there, but almost never do, except for tonight I saw my friend Lisa. The band played cover songs that I remembered from high school; The Eagles, The Band, Paul Simon. Someone had a large handful of maybe 50 blue and white balloons to give away, but somehow they got away from him and all of them lifted into the sky at once. The crowd gave a united gasp and we watched them drift higher and further away in just a few minutes. It was a beautiful evening, breezy and warm, and we stayed until darkness was settling around the square. Riding bikes in the evening dusk is a rare treat, and suprisingly we saw more riders, even children, pedaling in the park on the way home. I guess I am not the only one who needed to get out and ride my bike and do something fun. Shrugging off the darkness, we all pedal down the path and feel the breeze in our hair, finally free of the day's business.

No comments:

Post a Comment