Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Zumba

Tuesday night is Zumba class at the gym. I don't really go to the gym any other time right now, but I really like zumba. Danelle is the teacher, and she is young and energetic. The class is always packed. I used to be the oldest person there, 3 years ago, but now there are more women my age. I can't do some of the moves, like the body roll, but some I can do, like the gyrations. My daughters hate to think of me doing this, and I do agree it isn't pretty. Something about doing pelvic thrusts and stanky leg moves can be revitalizing to a woman whose figure barely resembles one she was proud of 30 years ago. Maybe the younger girls are laughing at me, because I get in the front of the class and they are behind me. I really don't care. The fact that I am there, dancing to hip hop and latin music, is a testimony to my ongoing physical ability, as well as my sense of humor. Zumba lets me pretend, at least for 50 minutes, that I am pretty and sexy and fit. As long as I don't look in the mirror.

1 comment:

  1. It's not that we "hate" to think of it, we just were shocked you have better moves than us!

    ReplyDelete