Tuesday, September 28, 2010

No Empty Freezer

I have had some trouble thinking about ice cream for the past 2 days. My job has become somewhat less wonderful that it used to be. It feels like it takes all the vitality and peace that I fight so hard for, and lays waste to it all. The cancer is like that also. I would like to escape it all, but cannot. So, my soul feels like an empty freezer. No ice cream. Wait, I got a message from a new friend on Facebook. We had talked at length about my idea, my need to find the joy in every day and help others find their own joy. She shared it with someone today, and gave her an ice cream cone pin I had made. She said the person wanted me to know I had inspired her. Someone I hadn't ever met. See, there was a little pint of ice cream in the freezer after all. Not all of it had been eaten. Just a little bit, but enough to bring some hope back into the day. What we have is so much more when it is shared. When you cast your bread on the water there is no such thing as an empty freezer.

1 comment:

  1. I think you do a pretty good job of thinking about ice cream! More than most people I know. Maybe on those days you feel less than happy at work, you should wait until later in the evening to post :) JK. but seriously, you inspire a lot of people, even if we forget to tell you sometimes.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete