Sunday, September 12, 2010

New Babies

What is not to love about babies? Especially new babies, sleeping in your arms babies. The way they wiggle and smirk and squeak their little baby sleeping squeeks. Baby girl Olive in pink floral dress, matching pink hat and socks and mock shoes. Binky. Baby boy Lucas in monkey print onesie, brown mock mocs. Chubby cheeks, curled fingers, tiny eyelashes. One little cry and it's back in the arms of mom or dad, which is just fine by me. I got to hold them while they were dreaming of someone, someplace, somewhere. I got to remember my own babies, someplace cozy, somewhere long ago. It brings all of life together, the past, the present, the future...sitting in a chair in my friend's backyard.

1 comment:

  1. makes me want another baby! boy a year goes by so fast. my son will be one on the 29th and those newborn days already seem soo far away. they learn so much in year don't they?
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete