Sunday, September 26, 2010

Splurge

Splurge: to indulge in an extravagant expense or luxury. This seems to be the theme of the weekend. I was supposed to get chemo on Friday, which would have made me tired and crummy feeling these past two days, but it was canceled because of my platelets being too low. Because of this, I would feel good all weekend for the first time in 2 months. So I entered Saturday like a hungry person at a smorgasbord of delicious foods, unsure what to choose first. I wanted to be outside, I wanted to play, I wanted to soak up every bit of the healthy life offered to me. Yesterday we biked outside. Today I wanted to splurge. I guess it started Friday evening with the spa treatment, and it spilled into this afternoon's tour through Ulta and White and Black. I used my Etsy business money, which I hoard, and is all mine. I bought some expensive mascara and some (gasp) leggings. 2 pair. So now I have to buy boots and long sweaters and more fun. It was great feeling like part of the world, instead of being holed up in blankets on the couch. I cherish each healthy day, when it is easy to get up and get going. These days are sweet luxuries for me.

1 comment:

  1. This is sort of unrelated, but you reminded me with your legging shopping. We had a birthday dinner at Bravos for my husband, mother, and sister, and since the weather was cold, I had to get out my pants. I was happily surprised that my pants fit with a little looseness, and I thought, there's hope for me yet! It made me very happy because I have been trying to eat well and exercising 5 days week, and I was like man, why is this sooo much harder now? getting frustrated. but to see some positive results made me so happy. I actually may want to go clothes shopping again.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete