Friday, September 10, 2010

Shopping

Shopping used to be something I would do whenever I was bored, or lonely, or worked up about something. This was years ago. It now an activity I do because I actually need something in the store, like cat food, or a pair of black pants that fit. Otherwise I find it tedious and dissatisfying. Today, after chemo, Sherry, Donna and I went shopping near the hospital at a great outdoor mall. We spent most of the time helping Donna spend money on curtains and bedding for her new house. We went into new stores and tried on hats and jewelry. Sherry is the consummate shopper, she brought coupons for every store, has a great eye for what goes with what. I told them I had until 7 pm before I turned into a pumpkin, so we shopped, then ate dinner together. It was wonderful and relaxing, this shopping. I told them I wanted to have t-shirts made that said: It's Chemo Day-always a great time! Because that's how I feel when they are with me. Safe and loved and healthy. Normal.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day! so glad. everything is better with friends, right? Ice cream flavor: cotton candy or smurf or bubble gum!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an inspiration to me and so many others!!! Love you! Diane S.

    ReplyDelete