Friday, September 24, 2010

Mani/Pedi

I have wonderful friends. I have collected them through the years and each one is more precious than the most expensive diamond. My friend Lynn taught me how to preserve friendships, as she is persistent in maintaining connections with her friends through all of life's many changes. I love making friends. I made a friend on an airplane trip 2 years ago that I still email and we are planning a visit, even though she lives 2+ hours away. I lay in bed one night, wondering if it would ever be a good idea to leave here and live closer to one of our children. I decided to count my friends, and when I got to 22 (real friends, not just Facebook friends) I stopped, not because I had counted them all but because I realized how impossible it would be to leave them. Anyway, tonight I enjoyed one of the many many benefits of friends. My knitting group knew I was having some tough days, so they pooled their resources and bought me a gift certificate at a local spa. I chose the manicure/pedicure combo, which I did tonight. For the 2 hours I was there, I talked to my new friend Angela about many things, including ice cream, while she did my nails. She said that tonight must be my ice cream for today. Yes, and the color: Jam n Jelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment